- Archdiocesan Resources
- 2014 Vocations
- 2014 NMCCB
- Archdiocesan Newspaper
People of God -now online!
- ASF Official Photo Gallery/Slideshows
- Catholic Cemetery
Ministry Resource Center
Code of Conduct
Radio: Archbishop's Hour
- Child & Youth
- Child & Youth Protection/
- External Resources
- Emergency Social Services
- Mass Times. Org
- Minute Meditations
- National Catholic
- Today's Readings
- Saint of the Day
- USCCB: Faithful
may not be published,
or otherwise distributed,
except by linking to a page
on this site.
- Members of the New Mexico Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Celebrating The Year of the Horse at Our Lady of La Vang in Albuquerque
- Sanctity of Life March with three bishops of the State. 1,000 of participants - glorious day!
- 2014 Catholic Schools Mass
- St. Francis Xavier, Albuquerque, celebrates the Year of Faith.
- Confirmation at Our Lady of La Vang, Albuquerque
- Sanctity of Life 2014
- Students at Holy Ghost, Albuquerque
- San Miguel Church, Socorro
- St. Alice Church, Mountainair
- Sisters of Charity at the grand opening of St. Joseph's Community Healthcare
- Holy Sacrament of Matrimony
- God bless you, little one.
- Nuestra Senora de Dolores, Las Vegas
- Mrs. K. - St. Mary's, Albuquerque, Teacher of the Year
- Hospital Ministry
- Praying at the Blue Mass
- 2013 Deacon's Wives' Program & Afternoon Tea
- St. John Vianney, Rio Rancho
- Rev. Larry Brito, pastor, San Juan Bautista, Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo
- Celebrating 2nd anniversary of installation of Our Lady of Lavang statue in Chimayo.
- San Juan Bautista, Ohkay Owingeh celebrates 415 years
- 2013 Ordinations Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, Santa Fe
- Rev. Dennis Garcia, Pastor, San Felipe de Neri , Judicial Vicar, Canonical Pastor, San Ignacio
- Rev. Msgr. Francis Eggert, pastor, Our Lady of Fatima
- Catholic War Veterans - thank you for your service!
- We love our Catholic Schools!
- Santa Fe celebrates 400 years of faith
- Archbishop blesses the law enforcement animals before the Blue Mass.
The April issue of People of God is now available in your parish and online!
Inside This Issue
Archbishop Meets Pope Francis
Archbishop's Letter: Retirement?
It's Here! The ASF App!
Living the Eucharist
Celebrating Over 600 Years of Teaching
Canonization of Popes John XXIII & John Paul II
For Your Marriage
St. There's Stations of the Cross
We’re excited to announce the release of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe’s free official mobile “Archdiosf” app. The Archdiosf app is available for both Apple and Android devices. You can enjoy exclusive local, national and international content 365 days a year. Read press releases, the People of God newspaper, New Mexico Conference of Catholic Bishops updates, Mi Casa Su Casa, PMD Express, and much more.
You will have access to the archdiocese’s 92 parishes, archdiocesan staff, push notifications, one-touch access to the archdiocese’s webpage, our social media platforms, and calendar of events. There is also an electronic guide of sacramental guidelines and policies, and a photo gallery.
You can also use the Archdiosf app to sign up to receive Archdiocese of Santa Fe press releases as well as updates from the NMCCB directly to your email account.
The official Archdiosf app is available for the iPhone in the Apple Store and Android on Google Play. Download it now to stay updated with all the Good News of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. It’s a great way to keep the church with you at all times!
Archbishop's Letter: Retirement? There has been a great deal of discussion about my retirement plans. It first began with the Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) message that I taped this year in which I said that I would be sending my letter of resignation as required by Canon Law to the Pope on July 9, my 75th birthday. I noted that it would take perhaps a year for Pope Francis to send a new archbishop. In meantime, I will be the Archbishop of Santa Fe.More> En español>
On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 Most Rev. Michael J. Sheehan, Archbishop of Santa Fe, met with Pope Francis for the first time during a business trip to Rome, Italy. Conversing in Italian with him, Archbishop said, “Holy Father, you and I have never met. This is the first time, but I just want to tell you something.” Pope Francis said, “What? What?” Archbishop Sheehan replied, “You’re doing a tremendous ministry as successor of St. Peter. You’re bringing such hope and joy to the people by your words, your life and your lifestyle. You’re doing a great job as pope!” The above photo was taken at this time when the Holy Father smiled and patted Archbishop Sheehan on the hand.
Archbishop Sheehan had another brief encounter with the Holy Father the next day after he concelebrated Mass with the pope and about 15 other visiting bishops at the pope’s Vatican residence when he presented a gift of a unique rosary handcrafted by Roberto Lavadie, a Taos artist. The rosary was made from special clay distinct to the Pueblo of Ohkay Owingeh located near Española, NM. Once again, Archbishop Sheehan extended his deep gratitude to Pope Francis.
The business trip to Rome was planned a year in advance as part of Archbishop Sheehan’s regular ministry to his seminarians and to conduct archdiocesan business. He met with archdiocesan seminarians. Traveling with him was Rev. Larry Brito, pastor of San Juan Bautista, Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo, NM. (Photo courtesy Fotografia Felici)