- Office of Social Justice
& Respect Life
- About Us
- Calendar of Events
- Elizabeth Ministry Elizabeth Ministry Resources
Policy for Political Campaign Activities
- Social Justice Teachings
- Social Justice &
Respect Life Website
- Elizabeth Ministry Elizabeth Ministry Resources
Office of Social Justice
& Respect Life
The goals of the Office of Social Justice and Respect Life of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe are to make Catholics aware of the social teaching of the Church, to help facilitate action prompted by that awareness, to be a voice for the poor and the powerless and to be a resource to parishes as they develop Social Justice outreach. The Office is a collaborative partner with the other offices of the Pastoral Ministries Division. Your involvement is welcome!
Parish Social Ministry Conference: Sowing Seeds of Love in Action
Conferencia Parroquial Del Ministerio Social: Sembrando Semillas de Amor en Acción
Sept. 19, 2015
Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Catholic Community
Comunidad Católica de Nuestra Señora Del Santo Rosario
8:00am-4:30 pm with Mass to follow at 5:00pm
8:00am-4:30 pm con misa en seguida a las 5:00pm.
Click here to see flyer for the event
Presione aquí para ver folleto del evento
Conference Objectives/Objetivos de la Conferencia:
- Build capacity in the Archdiocese for the social mission of the church/Construir capacidad en la Arquidiócesis para la misión social de la iglesia
- Increase knowledge, skills and abilities of parish social ministers/Aumentar el conocimiento y habilidades de los ministros sociales de las parroquias
- Inspire social ministry action/Inspirar ministros sociales a la acción
Register here for the Conference. We will have with national speakers from CRS and St. Vincent de Paul, as well as local speakers for a day of prayer, learning and action.
Join us as we cultivate our understanding of charity, justice and our call to be “love in action.”
Inscríbase aquí para la Conferencia. Tendremos conferencistas nacionales de Catholic Relief Services (CRS) y San Vicente de Paúl, así como presentadores locales en este día de oración, aprendizaje y acción. Acompáñenos a cultivar un entendimiento sobre la caridad, la justicia y nuestro llamado a ser “amor en acción.”
Anyone interested in the social mission of the church is welcome. Some workshops will be offered in Spanish and simultaneous interpretation will be provided where needed.
Toda persona interesada en la misión social de la iglesia es bienvenida. Algunos talleres serán ofrecidos en español y se ofrecerá interpretación simultánea donde sea necesario.
To see the schedule for the day, and register for the conference and pay by credit card, click here. Para consultar el horario del día, inscribirse para la conferencia y pagar con tarjeta de crédito, oprima aquí.
- Teachers, Catechists, Youth Ministers and Social Concerns Ministers: Download a free on-line Calendar of ideas on life and justice!
The Office of Social Justice and Respect Life has assembled an on-line calendar called Days of Life, Dignity, Justice and Peace. It has a month by month summary for our current school year of important dates related to Catholic social teaching including many different life and dignity, peace and justice issues. It also has live links to resources that can be used in a school curriculum, religious education programs, RCIA, Confirmation and social concerns ministries all year! Download here.
- Provides written and visual materials on church programs for peace and justice.
- Presents programs/workshops on Catholic social teaching at the deanery level.
- Coordinates JustFaith , a parish-based, in-depth adult formation process to introduce and deepen Catholics’ engagement in the social mission of the Church.
- Makes resources available to clergy, parish Social Concerns Committees and other interested persons.
- Provides Catholic Social Ministry Training and on-going support for parish based Social Concerns/Parish Social Ministry Committees.
- Directs Catholic Campaign for Human Development Internship.
- Collaborates with the Archdiocesan Director for Catholic Relief Services (CRS) on education about world wide relief efforts and solidarity, and encourages participation in CRS Rice Bowl during Lent.
- CRS is the official overseas relief and development agency of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- CRS promotes human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies and serves Catholics in the United States as they live their faith in solidarity with their brothers and sisters around the world.
- Administers the CRS Rice Bowl Small Grant Fund for the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. Each Lent, 75% of the Rice Bowl collection goes to CRS overseas development and hunger relief work. The remaining 25% of the Lenten Rice Bowl collection goes into the Local Archdiocesan Rice Bowl fund, to be used to support hunger and poverty alleviation programs in our Archdiocese. Completed applications (submitted by email only) are due each year by November 1. Download application here.
- Cooperates with the legislative advocacy work of the New Mexico Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Cooperates with the National legislative work of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Department of Justice Peace and Human Development and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Pro-Life Secretariat .
- Policy for Political Campaign Activities
- Coordinates Respect Life activities in the Archdiocese
- Promotes the "consistent ethic of life" from "womb to "tomb"
- Promotes the Elizabeth Ministry
- Supports "Project Rachel ," a post-abortion healing ministry of the Catholic Church.
- Directs the Archdiocese of Santa Fe Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) (anti-poverty program of the American Catholic Bishops).
- Administers Local CCHD Grant Applications & National CCHD Grant Process for community organizing and economic development.
- Provides resource materials to parishes, leadership training and support for social justice groups and activities.
- Supports the ministry of the African American Catholic Community (AACC) whose mission in the context of our multi-cultural church is to support and reinforce the African American Catholic family and individuals. The AACC invites, challenges and develops an appreciation of the African American culture through liturgical, social, spiritual and educational programs. Members of the AACC pray that the African American culture will enhance the universality of the Church and the cause of evangelization. Begun in 1992, the AACC evangelizes and builds the church through prayer, education and service to the community.
- The African American Catholic Community (AACC) also sponsors the Fr. Rollins Lambert Scholarship for African American students attending Catholic elementary schools in the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. For more information, call Brenda Dabney (505) 836-3627.
Sponsors a variety of faith witness activities and events including:
- The annual Sanctity of Life Awareness & Unity Mass
- The annual African American Catholic Community Martin Luther King Mass and speaker
- JustFAITH facilitator training
- The annual Journey to Justice Retreat Day for JustFAITH participants
- Fair Trade training
Social Justice & Respect Life Links
- Bread for the World
- Ethics of Eating
- Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship: A Call to Political Responsibility from the Catholic Bishops of the United States
- For I Was Hungry and You Gave Me Food: Catholic Reflections on Food, Farmers & Farm workers
- Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center
- Resources & Tools for Catholic Social Teaching
- Catholic Rural Life
- Principles for Ethical Eaters
- U.S. Catholic Bishops' Conference-Pro-Life Activities
- U.S. Bishops' Statement-A Place at the Table: A Catholic Recommitment to Overcome Poverty & to Respect the Dignity of All God's Children
- Themes of Catholic Social Teaching
- US Conference of Catholic Bishops
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops-Department of Justice, Peace and Human Development
4000 Saint Joseph's Pl. NW