Office of Pastoral Planning
“For I know the Plans I have for you says the Lord, Plans for a Future full of Hope” Jeremiah 29:11
The Office of Pastoral Planning and Evangelization of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe was established as the Pastoral Planning office in September 2002 by Archbishop Michael J. Sheehan. From 2002 to June 2006, our office was primarily responsible for coordinating the re-visioning of the pastoral plan for the whole Archdiocese. In July of 2006, with the Pastoral Plan completed, oue office was renamed Pastoral Planning and Evangelization, to reflect the additional duties in evangelization for the Archdiocese.
The Office of Pastoral Planning and Evangelization exists:
- Primarily to promote the up-dated Pastoral Plan for the Archdiocese of Santa Fe 2006, particularly in the areas of Consultation and Governance and Evangelization.
- To provide support for the development, training and implementation of Parish Pastoral Councils and Parish Evangelization teams throughout the Archdiocese of Santa Fe.
- That through Baptism all are called to share in the mission and ministry of the Church, especially in the proclamation of the Gospel message, the Good News of Jesus Christ
- That the laity be enabled and empowered to use their gifts in collaboration with the ordained ministers in promoting the mission of the Church and in giving witness to their faith in their respective parishes
- That the availability of good formation opportunities for growth and development in ecclesiology, spirituality and leadership skills are essential to these tasks
- That our plans, programs and presence is developed in keeping with the leadership and vision of our Archbishop, the theological and pastoral priorities of our Archdiocese, local tradition, and the needs and leadership within the parishes and deaneries
- That we support pastors and pastoral staffs and the work of the laity to develop mutuality that allows each to accept the gifts and the contribution of the other
Materials developed by the Office of Pastoral and Evangelization in consultation with other members of the Archdiocese:
- Theological and Pastoral Priorities in the areas of: Charity and Justice, Education and Catechesis, Sacraments and Worship, Stewardship and Administration, Evangelization, Prayer and Spirituality, Consultation and Governance, Priestly Formation and Vocation, and Ecumenism.
- Revised Mission Statement for the Archdiocese of Santa Fe 2003
- Parish Listening Session: including Video and Training manual
- Parish Pastoral Council training sessions (6, 2-hour sessions; 12 formation hours)
- Parish Pastoral Council retreats and days of reflection
- Prayer and Commissioning Services for Parish Pastoral Councils
- In- pew Survey in conjunction with CARA (Center for Applied Research to the Apostolate); Youth Survey in conjunction with the ASF Youth and Young Adult office.
- Ministry Area Profiles for each Deanery (in conjunction with Percept)
- Archdiocese of Santa Fe Pastoral Plan 2006
- Parish Implementation Guide for the ASF Pastoral Plan
Works in development:
- Up-dated Parish Pastoral Council Handbook
- Ministry Area Profiles for each Parish and Pueblo (in conjunction with Percept)
- Formation of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe Pastoral Council
- Formation of the ASF Evangelization Commission
“Evangelization is the proclamation, in word and deed, of the Christ of the Gospel to persons in all circumstances for the sake of the new life of Faith-beginning with Baptism and lived in Communion with the Church”
(Archdiocese of Santa Fe Pastoral Priority on Evangelization)