Religious Education Secretary
PARISH: Prince of Peace Catholic Community
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Secretary for the Religious Education Office performs secretarial and clerical functions
of the Religious Education Office assigned by the Catechetical Leader (DRE). The Secretary will
manage the office at the direction of the director and works as a team member in the total Religious
Education effort of the office in accord with the mission of the Parish and the Archdiocese
of Santa Fe. The Secretary is to be gracious, patient, courteous, efficient, and confidential
in all dealings and situations.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures with experience in secretarial/clerical duties
with detail work and accurate clerical skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office); familiarity
with PDS / ParishSOFT helpful
- Working knowledge of language, church structure and ministries
related to catechesis and Religious Education in the Roman Catholic Christian tradition
communication/interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with clients (parents, students,
volunteers and teachers), pastoral ministers and the public
- Ability to work independently at
the direction of the Catechetical Leader; self-motivated, creative, and organized
- Proven written
and verbal communication skills (bilingual helpful)
- Sensitivity to all in our multicultural
- Reliability, dependability and punctuality
- Ability to work well with Catechetical Leader,
pastoral staff, volunteers and parents
- Ability to handle student registration process (tuition
and data entry)
- Correspondence, typing, filing, mailing, memos and upkeep of documentation and reports as
assigned by the Catechetical Leader according to established Parish and Archdiocesan procedures
- Maintain appointment and office calendar for the program and the Director.
- Facilitate the
use of resources (space, support materials, etc.) for catechist meetings and classes.
on deanery catechetical activities and meetings; attend when possible.
- Keep current directory
of those in the parish religious education ministry, including certification information.
budget/accounting records (e.g. purchase orders, registration fees, etc.) for the department.
collate, and prepare materials for classes, workshops and mailings.
- Assist and work with volunteers
on special projects (sacramental certificates, etc.) and or/resource procedures.
- Prepare and
maintain statistical reports regarding certification, finances, calendars, etc.
- Answer telephone
and screen calls as directed.
- Provide hospitality, setting up for meetings, etc. as directed.
- Assist with the collection
and deposit of tuition money.
- Provide various student lists including Confirmation student
lists for the parish Youth Minister
PAY STEP: $8.00 to $10.00 per hour depending on experience.
15 to 20 hours per week contracted labor
CONTACT: Fr. Mike J. Shea, 505-856-7657 or email
POSTING DATE: December 11, 2005
CLOSING DATE: January 6, 2006