CCHD Paid Internship
DEPARTMENT: Office of Social Justice, Catholic Campaign for Human Development
AREAS OF INTEREST ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
Relevant areas of interest/study include communication, public service, sociology, social
work, education, liberal arts, political science, religious studies.
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The applicant must be Catholic, between the ages of 18 and 30, have leadership experience,
community service experience, and effective writing and communication skills and computer skills.
Ability to speak/understand Spanish would be helpful.
An openness to the CCHD values of solidarity building, participation of the poor, and Catholic
social teaching is essential. Lower-income young Catholics from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds
are especially encouraged to apply.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Assist office in implementing a public education campaign to promote poverty education and
Catholic Social Teaching in parishes and schools of the Archdiocese
- Assist in coordinating the multi-media youth arts contest for the Archdiocese
- Assist with site visits to CCHD funded projects, including Community Organizing and Economic
Development awarded sites
- Network with allied community betterment groups like Human Needs Coordinating Council
- Write articles for submission to Archdiocesan and local papers featuring funded projects
- Develop a website for educating about CCHD
expense stipend (Equivalent to $10/hour).
TIME COMMITMENT: 16 hours/week for 12 weeks in
Fall 2006 and 12 weeks in Spring 2007. The exact days and hours are flexible and can be arranged
around the intern’s schedule.
Applications can be downloaded from http://www.usccb.org/cchd/Application.DOC or
requested by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (505)
831-8167. Applications received before March 15th, 2006 will be given priority,
but applications will be taken until position is filled.
Director, Office of Social Justice
4000 St. Joseph Pl. NW
Albuquerque, NM 87120
POSTING DATE: February 6, 2006