Staff Auditor I
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Audits, assist in implementing financial and administrative
policies and perform internal audits at the parish level to include related Archdiocesan entities.
Travel throughout the Archdiocese required.
- BA degree in accounting required
- Solid praxis in theology and Roman Catholic traditions
- Three years of responsible experience
in internal or external auditing with supervisory experience
- Knowledge of accepted accounting
and financial procedures and proper internal audit functions and requirements.
- Computer literate
with knowledge of and experience with software for word processors, spreadsheets, payroll,
General Ledger, and accounting software
- Type 50 wpm; 10 key by touch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent internal audit skills
- Knowledge of Federal and State tax laws
- Ability to project a professional, sincere and friendly
- Ability to work well with staff and supervisors
- Ability to work with various personalities
- Ability to organize and work under pressure
- Demonstrated sensitivity to a multicultural church
- Understanding of and the ability to maintain
- In work situation and dealing with co-workers and the public, adhere to the Mission statement
of the Catholic Center and follow policies and procedures of the Archdiocese and Catholic Center.
high quality financial and administrative internal reviews of parishes and schools to help provide
better financial and operating efficiency, compliance, and proper internal control
- Attend department meetings as requested.
- Attend parish/school Finance Council meetings
to review audit and answer questions.
- Determine if parish/school is in compliance with Federal
and State payroll tax laws and follow up on any pending issues.
- Maintain an on going review
of the Archdiocesan accounting policies and Administrative Manual to assist parish/school staff
in job performance.
- Attend outside workshop to stay current in accounting practices.
- Present educational,
financial, and administrative workshops to parishes and their pastors, finance councils, and
PAY STEP: 8 ($34,650) with full benefits package
CONTACT: Director of Human Resources (505-831-8130)
or email at email@example.com
POSTING DATE: July 27, 2005
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.